Surgeries Performed at The Surgical Center at Lake Norman
- Breast Biopsies
- Breast Implants
- Breast Reduction
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Cataract Extraction
- Descend Testicles
- Dilation and Curettage
- Dilation and Evacuation
- Ear Tubes
- Extract Wisdom Teeth
- Eyelid Lift
- Face Lift
- Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Removal of Lesions
- Scar Revision
- Skin Grafts
- Sinus Surgery
- Tubal Ligation
- Varicose Vein Stripping
- Vasectomy Reversal
Please Note: The above list is not all-inclusive.
Your Experience at The Surgical Center
Prior to Surgery
Your physician will call The Surgical Center to schedule your surgery and pre-operative visit.
- If no pre-operative testing is necessary, a registered nurse will call you to obtain your medical history and give you your preoperative instructions.
During the preoperative visit:
- Any tests your physician has ordered prior to surgery, except for x-rays, will be performed right at The Surgical Center for your convenience.
- A registered nurse will notify you of the time to arrive on the day of surgery, the last time you may eat or drink, and any other instructions particular to your specific procedure.
- If you are taking any form of medication, check with our registered nurse for pre-surgery instructions.
- During this initial visit, we will also be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your surgery.
On The Day Of Surgery
- You will be given a gown to change into and will be provided with a restroom and locker for privacy.
- A board certified anesthesiologist will talk to you about your medical history and explain how anesthesia will be performed.
- Your surgeon will meet with you to go over any final information before the actual procedure.
- You will be taken to the operating room and made very comfortable while family and friends are escorted to our waiting room.
- Do not wear contact lenses, jewelry or watches.
- Please shower or bathe the morning of surgery or the night before.
- Do not use powders, lotions, creams or oils. Deodorants may be used.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can change in and out of easily, and that will not bind the site where surgery will be performed.
- Dentures and hearing aids may be worn, but may need to be removed before going into the operating room depending on the type of surgery.
- Please bring your insurance card and/or Medicare information with you.
- Plan to arrive one hour before surgery, unless otherwise indicated.
- Expect to spend time in the recovery room as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off, and additional time in the post-recovery area for care and instructions before going home.
- You will be given pain medication as needed and offered fluids to drink.
- Family/friends can reunite with you shortly after surgery. You must have a responsible adult drive you home and stay with you on the day of surgery.
- All post-surgical instructions will be discussed with you prior to discharge. You will receive a written copy of these instructions; please follow them carefully.
- A nurse from The Surgical Center will call you the next working day to make sure you are recuperating satisfactorily.